The patan patola looks best when draped in the Gujarati style, also called the seedha palla drape.
Patola is a double ikat woven saree usually made from silk, patola is the plural form, singular is patolu . It is considered to be an auspicious saree worn for traditional marriage functions or religious ceremonies.
- If In a group of 3 would be 750 per drape. Will
demonstrate 3 drapes
- The patola sarees ate one of the finest varieties of Handloom silk Sarees from Gujarat.
- They are woven with a lot of skill n precision by master weavers on a special type of silk called ‘patola silk’. Geometric designs with folk motifs and flaming colours are characteristic of the patola saree
- The outcome of the ikat or tie n dye technique when applied to the silk fabric has resulted in colourful patola saree sensations with trendy prints, unique and attractive patterns , with eye catching motifs to further enhance the look .
- Have worn the patola in true gujju style, teamed with a tomato red brocade blouse, a kamarband or a chain around the waist helps to hold the pallu of the saree in place and adds to the look